Meet Coach Jen...
- Name: Jen Chavez
- Certification: Masters in Public Health (MPH), Registered Dietitian (RD)
- Years Doing Crossfit: 6 Years
- Favorite Movement/Lift: Cleans
- Previous Athletic Background: 3-Time state Basketball Champion!
- Why do you love crossfit? I love the community aspect of Crossfit. I've met some of my best friends through the sport. I love that it both mentally and physically challenges me and these challenges carry over into everyday life. Crossfit is empowering and it makes you better at everything! Lastly, I love that anyone can do Crossfit. Every movement can be modified to fit individual needs.
- Favorite part about being a coach: One of my favorite quotes is "give a man a fish and he'll eat for a day but teach a man to fish and he'll eat for a lifetime!" I love being able to coach our athletes how to eat to improve performance and recovery. My reward is seeing our athletes improve their times or hit new PR's because they've invested time not only in the gym but also in the kitchen cleaning up their nutrition! I love when I see athletes make the connection that nutrition is the foundation to performance!